Saturday 6 December 2014

Bead Hoarders Blog Hop is here!



I am so excited to be participating in the Bead Hoarder’s Blog Hop and yes like all of you I am a hoarder.  I never started out to be one but it is pretty much impossible not to become one…there are just so many beautiful little pieces of art out there.  I am particularly excited about this hop because it is a party hosted by Lori Anderson and I am so glad she is back. There is excitement in the air and it’s because the wonderful Bead Soup Cafe is open once again…I never realized how much I would miss it until I didn’t have it. I know Lori has a long road to recovery ahead of her but this is such a positive step and we will all be there in her corner cheering her on.

I love the Bead Hoarder’s Blog Hop…it makes one visit tucked away treasures and remember design ideas and then come up with new design ideas.  And let’s face it I just love bead blog hops…such positive reinforcement for creative minds.

A dear friend gifted me with her mother’s little treasure box of jewellery, knowing I love beading she thought that perhaps I could use some of the beads in the necklaces for my projects. I tucked away these treasures for another day and now that day is here. Isobel’s treasure box was filled with many pieces but most noticeably there were several strands of pearls. Some were obviously favorites because there were old and well worn, some were newer but all suggested Isobel’s love of the finishing touch.   “Isobel’s Pearls” combines all the pearls from these necklaces in one piece. Gold lace became the backdrop to showcase the precious pearls enhanced with tiny gold seed beads and a crystal drop as the final touch.  It is old world charm reinvented, a vision of love, age and wisdom.

Isobel's Pearls
I had in my stash several Raku beads that were crying to be seen but I had no idea what to do with them. I love Raku, the deep earthy richness and the obvious love put into creating them. When creating a Raku piece one never knows the outcome, hence the meaning “happiness in the accident” … so unpredictable and unique.  I also had some beautiful shibori silk ribbon…what a wonderful combination of two very natural elements coming together. I had never used a brass collar insert but had one on hand and the design process began…by this I mean I had a dream.  I needle felted a piece of lacy stiff stuff with some gorgeous silk hankie and then added the shibori ribbon, Raku beads, crystals and seed beads; encased the brass insert by adding crystals along the edge for a wonderful earthy neck collar… “Elemental”

Elemental


Thanks Lori, you are the best and now for the fun…let the hopping begin!

Lori Anderson

Audrey Belanger
Jenny Kyrlach
Kathy Lindemer
Lori Schneider
Dee Elgie
Dolores Raml
Rebecca Ednie
Lili Krist
Marybeth Rich
Hannah Rosner
Nicole Prince
Deana Hager
Jackie Ryan
Elsie Deliz-Fonseca
Mowse Doyle
Evelyn Shelby
Lisa Johnson
Terri Gauthier
Patti Pruhs
Shai Williams
Andrea Glick
K Hutchinson
Marci Brooks
Jo-Ann Woolverton
Jasvanti Patel
Laurie Vyselaar
Lisa Knappenberger
Mary Lindell
Niky Sayers
Sandra McGriff
Patricia Handschuh
Erin Prais-Hintz
Maria Rosa Sharrow
Kathleen Breeding
Monique Urquhart
Jackie Locantore
Sheryl Stephens
Becky Pancake
Mona Arnott
Michelle Escano
Denise McCabe
Carolyn Lawson
Sheila Prose
Kim Dworak
Iveth Caruso
Deborah Apodaca
Elizabeth Bunn
Janine Lucas
Kari Asbury
Inge von Roos
Divya N
Debbie Rasmussen
KJ
Klaudete Koon
Ghislaine Kruse-van Erp
Ginger Bishop
Kelly Schermerhorn
Mischelle Andrade
Sue Kelly
Rachel Mallis
Susan McClelland
Mary K McGraw
Tania Spivey
Stephanie Perry
Mitzie Crider
Nicole Rennell
Nicole Valentine
Karen Mitchell
Tammy Adams
Patty Miller
Blanca Medina
Stephanie Haussler
Roxanne Mendoza
Claire Fabian
Bridget Torres
Donetta Farrington
Lee Koopman
Deb Fortin
Susan Walls
Cece Cormier
Heather Otto
Lizzie Clarke
Elizabeth Hodges
Fay Wolfenden
Kelly Hosford Patterson
Nan Smith
Jayne Capps
Robin Kae Reed                                       http://www.willowdragon.blogspot.com/

Melissa Trudinger                                   https://beadrecipes.wordpress.com/

32 comments:

  1. Beautiful and brilliant designs! Love the color palates too. One talented lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow!! They're both so beautiful! Great bead embroidery. I haven't yet purchased any Shibori ribbon for myself (the price always stops me) but I love it. Silk always looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pieces are just gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What stunning pieces... Love them both but the gold one is my favorite well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time you amaze me! I can't pick a favorite. The blues are gorgeous (and my favorite color) in Elemental, but my love for reusing old treasures brings the pearl piece neck in neck for my admiration. You are amazing D! You really are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no words! Other than...incredible! Awe-inspiring! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I feel as though I just stepped into an art gallery. These are both so sculptural, detailed and intricate. I am in awe of your talent, especially since I couldn't begin to make something like these. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit, I zoomed on each picture several times just to let the beauty of all your details sink in! Kelly, above, said it best...your work belongs in an art gallery! Those blues! Sigh...just a beautiful work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gold lace and pearl necklace is exquisite. I love the colors in Elemental and such creativity. I hope you are enjoy wearing these treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning. Thank you for sharing your designs with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! these are truly exquisite designs. I love the way you used the jewelry box treasures, such a wonderful gift to be given and beautiful way to design with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! Seed beads. Shibori. Pearls. Beautiful. And you had the honor of working with someone else's treasures just as I did, making them even more beautiful. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such elegance in both pieces. It's hard to make statement pieces wearable but you did it, and did it with great class. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing, your work is so precise and yet open,each piece different but with a unity of vision, I am very impressed

    ReplyDelete
  15. SOOOO very creative and beautiful. Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Debbie, I am always impressed with the awesome jewelry that you produce and this time is no exception. Isobel's Pearls is over the top gorgeous. What a fabulous piece. I also like Elemental. Trying shibori ribbon is on my list of must do's. You did it really well and it looks great with the raku.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your beadwork is so beautiful. Your pearl piece really honors the

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of your necklace are so magnificent. I admire your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok, my jaw already dropped with your first piece, what gorgeous use of gold lace and pearls! So lush! But then I scrolled on and arrived at your second creation, WHOA! Now THAT is absolutely stunning, those colors are so wonderful! What an awesome job you did working away some of that stash!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Outstanding designs! I love the story behind Isobel's pearls and the end result exudes old world elegance but in a new interpretation! Just gorgeous. The Raku piece is so different from the first and definitely shows your brilliant breadth as an artist! Both are truly museum worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw your work on pinterest and was dumb founded - its so very sculptural and beautiful - great work with your stash

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing pieces you created! They are both divine!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a talented lady you are. Amazing, truly stunning pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW...!!!! Those necklaces are stunning and so different in flovour I adore old worldy pieces like your gold lace pearl necklace but I also love ruku beads the colour is so rich I love them both for their different qualities, thank you for sharing and for your lovely comments on my offerings.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both designs are a piece of art each! An amazing use of mixed media and color!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow talk about little pieces of art! They are both so wonderful in their way. I especially love the second design with all those wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great use of beads in both pieces and as usual your work take my breath away! So beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow. I don't even know how to put in words my thoughts of your pieces. I'm in awe what gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Isobel's Pearls is such a beautiful tribute. The love shines through. I love the bright colours in your Elemental design. They work perfectly with the Raku focal

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the words of encouragement! And your pieces are flabbergasting -- I have no concept of how to even begin doing anything like that!

    ReplyDelete